Monday, September 1, 2008

Latest News

A typical school night of homework ... the twins happily working together on theirs, Matt working with a friend over the phone on an APGAP assignment. Notice the Oatmeal Creme pies in the background, just in case he gets hungry.
A typical school night for Trent ... watching the news in his chair, and half of my diet coke still sitting there! Trent is an awesome Daddy and Hubbie. He's my sweetie. I love him and he works so hard to provide for us.
Ahhhhh .... At last we are back together again. Partners in crime, my Brookie, Di and me. We were just leaving to get our hair done ..... uh...... we should've taken the pic after, not before!
Matt's SUPER FANTASTIC 18TH B-DAY PARTY
After the football game at MVHS on Friday night, we invited Matt's friends to come and celebrate with pizza and ice cream. It was yummy Costco vanilla with crushed Oreos, whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Below is John, from (drum roll please) non other than Simi Valley, my home town. How crazy & awesome! He moved here 2 weeks ago. He played the drums as we sang happy b-day to Mattie. What a guy.
Will and Tanner. Two of Matt's fav. friends. Tanner is a runner on the XC team w/Matt. Will is a good 'ol friend, a homework buddy and just solid, great guy.

Davey Runnells and Matt should've been girls. They are so pretty! They have beautiful features .... blue eyes, clear skin, & white, straight teeth. Davey is a great kid. Fab!
Some of the crazy girls that were there. There were 30 people in our kitchen. Darling, fun girls. I think Matt said he wants to take the 3rd one over (Andrea) to one of the dances this year.
NEWS FLASH: Matt got his Eagle Scout Award! Yippee kai Yai yay. Just in time for the 18th b-day deadline. Do you like the "pose"? I had a way better pic. but someone (ahem) deleted it.
This gives you a glimpse of what's going on around here lately. It's fun to blog and reflect on both the fun and the slightly mundane day to day activities. I am so thankful for these days. I know they won't last forever. I am loving the moment. The boys are great, obedient boys. I am happy to have Brooke and Ryan back. We spent a lot of time together this weekend. B & R, I love you.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Love this post! Love the updates even though I live a half a mile away. You guys are the BEST! And I totally got your text at 12:30 a.m. !!! I was still up.

Amy said...

You are so funny Kelley! I love the way you talk about your family. It shows how much you really care about them. So I heard that you aren't at Harvest Elementary any more? Are you still teaching? I just have to tell you that I am working towards getting my degree in elementary education, and you had a huge impact on me. I hope that when I am a teacher, that I will be as fun as I remember you being with Caden's class. So thank you.

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

We love you too! It's good to be back and to see you guys. Can't wait to spend more time with you.